What is the "Emergency Ride Home Program"?
The Emergency Ride Home Program (ERH) is your “safety net” in any rideshare or alternative transportation program. It gives you security to know that you can call a taxi or get a rental car paid for by Yolo Commute if you are unable to catch your normal ride due to overtime, illness or other reasons listed below.
You are eligible to use this program if your employer is a member of Yolo Commute and you do not drive alone to work at least 60 percent of your work week.
You may use the Yolo TMA’s Emergency Ride Home up to six (6) times a year for the following circumstances:
- Your ridesharing partner has an emergency and you have no way to get home
- Unscheduled, approved overtime
- You are ill and must go home
- You must get to a family emergency
- Your commute bicycle broke down and cannot be repaired at your work site
- Unexpected severe weather is preventing you from bicycling or walking home after work today
You may NOT use the Emergency Ride Home for the following reasons:
- Personal errands
- Medical or dental appointments
- Building evacuations
- Business travel
- Job related injuries
- A natural disaster (floods)
- Transit problems (the transit provider is responsible for providing another bus)
- Missed bus, carpool or vanpool ride home
- Other reasons deemed invalid by program administrator
Yolo Commute will pay for the following:
Taxi: Commuters traveling up to 20 miles will use a local taxi provider. The program voucher includes a 10% gratuity.
Rental Car: Commuters traveling 20 or more miles from work will use Enterprise Rent-a-Car. You will be responsible for returning the car, with the same fuel level as when rented, to the rental agency within 24 hours. A credit/debit card will be necessary to initiate the rental; however, only Yolo Commute will be charged for the vehicle cost, less gas refill and optional insurance.